Imagine this. You drive one of the coolest cars in the world, and you love to show off with this car. You feel like a king when you are behind the wheels of this car. It is why you are usually skeptical when other people want to touch your vehicle.
Even taking it to the mechanic gives you doubt as you believe that no one else can handle your car better than you. So, when your vehicle needs maintenance, you usually clear your schedule for the day and remain with it while the mechanic works on it.
Now, imagine if you had to cancel your plans for the day for something as minor as headlights replacement. We believe that you can change this without any help and that you will be deliberate about this process since you love your car.
You may be saying that you have no experience in fixing automobiles. However, the world is a learning ground, and we strive to learn something new every day. Therefore, you do not need to have prior experience before you can change your car headlights.
In this article, you will learn how to do your Maserati car headlights replacement. But, before going further, here are some fun facts about Maserati cars.
Fun facts about Maserati cars
Here are some things you may not have known about Maserati cars:
- Maserati cars were founded and named after the Maserati brothers. They were a team of brothers who grew the businesses in Bologna, a city in Italy. When a crisis hit this company, they had to sell it off to a businessman. However, they remained with the company for about ten years, as was stated in their contract. After this, they went ahead to establish another car company called OSCA car company. However, they still sold it to someone else.
- Maserati started as a sports car company. It is why you see that they have some of the sleekest cars globally. The speed of these cars is desirable, and they give a certain joyful feeling when you drive them. Maserati cars stopped participating in sports in the 1950s when a Ferrari vehicle lost control and ran into the crowd, killing many people.
- The statue of Neptune inspired the logo of this company. It is a statue in Bologna and takes on the shape of a trident. Although the headquarters of the Maserati brand is no longer Bologna, the new owner did not change the logo.
- The Maserati A6 was the first road car produced by this company, and it was manufactured in 1947. If you are looking for a company that has been in place for a long time, Maserati should be one of the first cars that should come to mind. The fact that they are still in operations today gives it certain brand equity in many people’s minds.
- The new headquarter of Maserati cars is in Modena. This is the home city of Adolfo Orsi, the man who bought the company from the Maserati brothers.
It is one thing to own a Maserati car. However, it is also not wrong if you know some facts about the vehicle that you are driving.
Now, let us look at various Maserati car models, their headlights, and prices. This helps you to plan your budget when going to buy headlights.
|Maserati car||Car type||Application||Product||Price|
|Maserati Sebring with 2 headlights||Maserati Sebring (1966)||LED Headlight with Switchback Halo||Lumen 7″ Round Black Projector LED Headlights with Switchback Halo||$269.50|
|Maserati Mexico with 2 headlights||Maserati Mexico(1973)||Halo Headlights||Lumen 7″ Round Black CCFL Halo Headlights||$69.95|
|Maserati Biturbo||Maserati Biturbo|
|LED Headlights with Switchback Halo||Lumen 4×6″ Rectangular Black Projector LED Headlights with Switchback Halo||$164.95|
Step by step to replace a Maserati car headlight
It is important to note that you will need some tools when you want to carry out your Maserati car headlights replacement. Your screwdriver and other toolkits will always come in handy during this process.
Here are the steps to follow to replace your Maserati car headlights:
Jack the car up. To replace your Maserati car headlight, you will need to lift the car. We are sure that you will find something helpful like a jack amongst your car toolkits. Once you have raised the car, you have to look for the wheel covering the headlights area and take off this wheel. You have to be careful when carrying out this process as you do not want to injure yourself, nor do you want to mess up any other thing in that area.
Remove the fender. After the wheel is off, you will notice that the fender also covers the headlights area, so you need to take it off. Some screws are there to hold the fender in place, and this is where your screwdriver will be helpful. There will also be some plastic pins that hold other things in place. You can try to use your hands to pull out these pins but ensure that you wear a glove while doing this. If you do not want to use your hands, you can try a tool from your toolkit.
Unlock the clamps on the cover plate. Of course, you would not expect that the headlights would be exposed without covering. A cover plate covers your headlights, and you need to remove the clamps to replace the headlights.
Install the new headlights. Once you remove the cover plate, you have to turn the bulb to remove the old one. To put in the new one, you should turn the new bulb in the counter direction to ensure that it stays in place.
Put everything back. Remember how you remove all the obstacles while trying to access the headlights. You will put them back in the same method.
You can now do your Maserati car headlight replacement without help from anyone. In addition, ensure you practice a regular car maintenance culture by making use of headlight restoration wipes to get rid of oxidation caused by extreme weather conditions, dirt, and sunray.
Now, you can share this article with others or even tell fellow Maserati car owners about how they can change their Maserati car headlights.