Driving on a dimly lit road at night is possible and convenient only with bright and well-functioning headlights. But sometimes, what usually is a smooth evening ride or trip could turn out to be stressful and exhausting due to sudden bulb burnouts or flicking. In this situation, knowing how to change your headlight bulbs cannot be overemphasized as that would mean the difference between being stranded and the continuation of a lovely trip.
While replacing car headlights may differ according to car brands and models, knowing the different types of car lighting systems as well as having a general knowledge on when to replace car headlights is crucial. However, if you own a Kia car – it doesn’t matter the model. Then, you are in luck! In this article, you would learn the different types of Kia car headlights, their prices, and their different fun facts.
Fun facts about Kia cars
Here are some interesting facts that you never knew about Kia Cars:
- Kia released its first car in 1974. It was the Kia Brisa, and production for this car was discontinued in 1981.
- Kia owns the largest car assembly factory worldwide. This factory is located in South Korea.
- Hyundai motors own 33.99% of Kia cars.
- Kia Motors is the oldest manufacturing company in South Korea. This gives it a legacy like none other.
- You can find production plants for Kia cars on all the continents except Australia.
- The headquarters of Kia motors is just beside that of Hyundai motors. Both are in Seoul in South Korea.
- Many big companies have tried to buy or place bids on the Kia motors company, and one of them was Samsung. However, Hyundai motors was the company that came out victorious, now owning over 30% of Kia cars.
- Kia is an acronym of some Korean characters. When translated, it means ‘Rising from Asia,’ or ‘Rising from the East.’
- Kia Motors was founded on the 111th of December, 1944.
- Back then, many people knew the Kia company as a bicycle manufacturer before they transcended into vehicles.
- Kia has different logos that they use in South Korea. However, they have a standard logo for other parts of the world.
- Kia penetrated the American market in 1992.
- The Chief Design Officer of Kia Motors is a European.
- Kia Sportage is one of the most popular SUVs, and it was released in 1994.
Now that you know some in-depth facts about Kia cars, you should also know about the headlights that come with the different models and their prices.
|Kia car||Car type||Application||Product||Price|
|Kia Rio||Kia Rio (2015)||Main Headlight Beam||TYC Replacement Headlight ||$163.11 – $173.20 |
|Kia Stinger ||Kia Stinger (2018)||Driver Side Headlight ||Replace Driver Side Replacement Headlight ||$312.78 |
|Kia Forte||Kia Forte (2019)||Main Headlight Beam||Pacific Best Replacement Headlight ||$353.82 – $467.86 |
|Kia Optima ||Kia Optima (2019)||Main Headlight Beam||Pacific Best Replacement Headlight ||$423.79 |
|Kia Sportage ||Kia Sportage (2010)||Passenger Side Headlight ||Replace Passenger Side Replacement ||$253.44 |
|Kia Sorento||Kia Sorento|
|Main Headlight Beam||Pacific Best Replacement Headlight||$195.68 – $209.91 |
Step by Step to replace Kia car headlight
Now that you know the headlights and their possible prices, here are the steps to follow when changing your Kia car headlight:
Switch off your ignition. You have to be safety conscious when carrying out any procedure with your car. For example, changing the headlights is an electrical problem, and you do not want to have your car running while doing it. This is to avoid sparks and other related electrical accidents that may be bound to happen.
Open your car bonnet. This is how you can locate the electrical or power connector of your headlight. If you are not used to cars, it may take you a while to find this connector. Also, you have to be careful to ensure that you do not pull out other essential wires in the processor.
Remove the connector and bulb cover. Once you locate the electrical or power connector, you have to pull it out of its base. You will find it at the back of the headlight assembly. You will have to wiggle it off gently as you do not want to spoil it. There will be a cover on the headlight bulb, and you also have to pull it off to access the damaged headlight that needs replacement.
Remove the damaged headlight bulb. It is no brainer that you have to do away with the bulb. Always remember that you have to be gentle with the steps. It is best to take a calm approach during this procedure. Ensure that you do not break the glass. It will be best to hold the metal part.
Put in a new bulb. Either you wiggle the old bulb out or check to see if there is a release clip. Once you have the old bulb off, you have to replace it with a new one.
Check the lining. You have to replace the headlight the same way you pulled it out. Ensure that you line it perfectly so that you do not have to repeat this process. If it is not lined well, the bulb will not light up.
Ensure that the bulb is secure. Asides from checking the lining, you have to also ensure that the bulb is well-fitted in place. This is to ensure that it does not fall off at any time.
Put back the connector and cover. It would be best if you put them back the same way you removed them. After all, you do not want to drive around with an exposed bulb. This will give way to breakage. Thus, it would help if you avoided such extra expenses.
Test the headlights. Once you are sure and convinced that you have put everything back correctly, you need to test your headlights. If it comes up, it means that you did the process correctly. If not, you would have to redo the procedure.
Now that you have this information, you do not need to panic the next time your Kia headlight goes off. Instead, ensure that you park safely and follow the due processes to replace the headlights.
If you notice that you have a dim light output, that’s due to oxidation on your Kia headlight lens. Quickly take out your headlight restoration wipe and clean the surface of your headlight lenses to get rid of any oxidation.
Don’t have a headlight restoration kit? Well quickly purchase yours from clear light tech and have it delivered to your doorstep. Kia headlights are not as expensive as that of some other cars. They range between $170 – $500.
Ensure that you share this information with your family and friends as you do not know when it will come in handy.