If there’s one thing that distinguishes Acura models, it is that its sleek style improves their performance. People are becoming more worried about the appearance of their cars. Investing in Acura headlights, on the other hand, is the way to go if you want your car to stand out at night. As compared to other car headlights, Acura headlights last longer. The bulbs’ longevity is dependent on how much they are used and whether they are properly cared for.
While there are different car maintenance tips that can save you money and improve your car headlights, driving with a broken headlight do not only give the cops a legitimate excuse to pull you over, but it also poses a safety threat at night. This explains why investing in high-quality headlights is so important. The good news is that different brands are now competing to manufacture high-end quality headlights designed to last a long time with different advanced headlights popping up every now and then in the auto lighting industry.
Fun facts about Acura
- The Honda Headquarters in Torrance, California, is where Acura is headquartered.
- Acura is a luxury vehicle segment of Honda Motor Company.
- Acura had a promising start in the United States when it was first launched in 1986, but by the mid-1990s, it had lost popularity.
- Because of a redesign and the launch of newer and improved car models in the twenty-first century, the Acura brand was revitalized.
- The Acura NSX, or ‘New Sports eXperimental,’ was the first vehicle in the world to be made entirely of aluminum and was marketed as an ‘Everyday Supercar.’
- In the 1990s, the Acura Integra was a popular tuner car because it was simple to modify and popular among younger ‘tuner’ enthusiasts.
- The Acura TL and TSX are two of the company’s best-selling cars, with the TSX spending four years in the top ten lists of “Car and Drivers.”
- Acura’s current brand slogan is “Advance,” Their most recent models have all of the latest features for a smooth and technologically superior driving experience.
- Since 2010, Acura and Marvel Entertainment have had a professional relationship, and Acura models have appeared in many Marvel films, including Thor, Captain America, and The Avengers.
- The 2012 Sundance Film Festival included Acura as a sponsor.
Prices of Acura headlight conversions bulbs by vehicle model
|Acura car model||Car type||Application||Product||Price|
|Acura CL||Acura CL (2002)||Main Headlight Beam||GenuineReplacement Headlight||$418.02 – $430|
|Acura MDX||Acura MDX (2020)||Main Headlight Beam||ReplaceReplacement Headlight||$731.20 – $750|
|Acura ILX||Acura ILX (2015)||Main Headlight Beam||ReplaceReplacement Headlight (Remanufactured OE)||$285.53 – $320|
|Acura RDX||Acura RDX (2019)||Main Headlight Beam||TYCReplacement Headlight||$735.46 – $780|
|Acura RSX||Acura RSX (2005)||Main Headlight Beam||Spyder- Black CCFL Halo Projector Headlights with Parking LEDs||$282 – $350|
|Acura TL||Acura TL (2014)||Main Headlight Beam||ReplaceReplacement Headlight (Brand New OE)||$680 – $700|
|Acura TLX||Acura TLX (2017)||Main Headlight Beam||ShermanReplacement Headlight||$832.12 – $870|
|Acura TSX||Acura TSX (2014)||Main Headlight Beam||SpyderBlack LED DRL Bar Projector Headlights||$443.78 – $480|
|Acura ZDX||Acura ZDX (2013)||Main Headlight Beam||Original (OEM)Headlights||$1,392 – $1,400|
|Acura RLX||Acura RLX (2016)||Main Headlight Beam||Original (OEM)Headlights||$2,479 – $2,500|
Step by step to replace car headlight
- Open the bonnet of your car.
- To both left and right sides, slide the engine compartment covers apart.
- If you need to replace or restore the headlight bulbs, detach the three holding clips using a flat head screwdriver and then pull the upper portion of the air intake duct straight up.
- If you need to replace the passenger-side bulb, remove the engine coolant reserve tank from its support brace.
- To remove the electrical connector from the halogen lamp, press on the tab and pull it back.
- To remove the halogen bulb, turn it ¼ turn anticlockwise.
- Hold the new halogen bulb by its base and place it into the socket and then turn it ¼ turn clockwise to lock the bulb in place.
- Connect the electrical connector to the halogen bulb.
- To test the new bulb, turn on your car and switch on your headlights.
- If you removed the halogen bulb on the driver’s side, the upper part of the air intake ducts is back in place and locks the three holding clips.
- If you replaced the passenger-side bulb, put the engine coolant reserve tank back into its support brace.
- Replace the engine compartment covers on the left and right. After replacing the right engine cover, double-check that the washer fluid cap is safely in place and that the tabs and pins are in the correct positions.
If your Acura’s headlights aren’t working, you should have them repaired right away. You can also have your headlight cleaned properly using household solutions to clear off oxidation from your car’s headlight lenses. This way, the lights emitted will be clear and visible enough for other oncoming drivers to be able to spot you on the road or detect your approach from a sharp bend.
Loose electrical connections, old, or burned-out bulbs, or a blown fuse are the three most common causes of defective headlights. All three problems can be resolved without the need for a mechanic, and they only take a few minutes of your time.